Welcome to the official website of the Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Mauritius in Kolkata
I am, Mr. Raghu Nandan Mody, the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Mauritius in Kolkata.
It is my great pleasure to welcome you to the official website of the Honorary Consulate.
The core mission of the Honorary Consulate is to:
- enhance the Bilateral Relations between Mauritius and Kolkata
- promote the welfare of and provide consular services to the Mauritian community living in Kolkata
- foster trade and investment as well as tourism between Mauritius and Kolkata
- facilitate cultural, commercial, educational, social, scientific and sports exchanges between Mauritius and Kolkata
- provide information on passport, visas and other issues of interest based on current regulations
Please use the menu to navigate through the various resource links of the website for queries and for any information you may require.
It is my earnest hope that any query you may have will be satisfactorily answered through this website. However, in case you need additional information or any other assistance, please feel free to leave a message and/or contact us.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Mr. Raghu Nandan Mody
Honorary Consul of the Republic of Mauritius
The High Commission provides the following consular facilities to
(i) Citizens of Mauritius:
- Processing of applications for new passports and travel documents
- No Objection Certificate (NOCs) issued to Mauritians getting married in India
- Legalisation of documents (birth/marriage/death certificates)
- Assistance to Mauritians coming to India for medical treatment
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Assistance to Mauritian visiting India
- Assistance to Mauritians seeking to establish their ancestral roots in India
- Assistance to Mauritians to obtain police clearance certificates/ character certificates regarding their stay in India and Mauritius
- Assistance to Mauritian businessmen facing difficulties with their Indian counterparts in honouring trade contracts.
- Business and tourist visas for more than sixty days to Indian nationals
- Social/religious visas to Indians after approval from the relevant authorities in Mauritius
- Business/tourist visas to Nepalese, Sri Lankans and other nationals
- Visas are also issued to Indian expatriates proceeding to Mauritius for employment and on consultancy
- Attestation of documents (trade licenses etc.) from Indian businessmen operating in Mauritius.